Homage Cheese

Homage Cheese

A fromage homage is problematic.
One risks pronunciation consternation and attack.
Is it "oh-mahj" or "ha-midge"?
Perhaps neither,
so literati declare either or either
and condemning poet to ponder
and reader to wonder.

Redneck versus professor,
sage versus jester
opine on this discussion
possibly leading to violence and concussion
should linguistic pretension in Anglophone delivery
trump Francophone bent for passivity.

My tribute to cheese
is likely to displease
until working first to clarify
a conclusion that'll satisfy
those seeking to challenge the scheme
I chose to commemorate in this theme.

Romano rocks the grater,
but gooey gouda is greater.
A holey swiss is truly holy,
yet I adore cheddar wholly.
Mozzarella bakes lovely... bubbly;
making my pizza excellent... doubly.
Gruyere works great for fondue
because I love to spoon up cheese goo.
Havarti is always a lingual party.
And, yeah, there’s even almond and soy
For those who’ll never know dairy joy. 


Thus, when your dairy is best aged or cottage,
it's easy to write a cheesy poem to pay homage.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your poem melts in my mouth,and sends me straight to the Eastman party store!
dorlindachong said…
Gjtost and Port Salud to your words about curds. I had to whey in on your rinds. It was Gouda.

Popular Posts